Chosing an Install Method
There are two main methods to install the Unpollor 'suite' (Unpoller and accociated programs)
This is the recommended way to install and the best option for new users.
Advantages of Docker
- Easy to configure, as you can rely on pre-existing work.
- Easy to update.
- Reliable and well-supported.
Disadvantages of Docker
- Some performance impact (though not likely to impact UniFi Poller, there is an overhead).
- Relies on a base system for persistence of data.
- May not be implemented on some useful platforms (eg NAS).
Install each of the components individually
Advantages of Manual
- Works on systems that don't support Docker
- You can make use of any components you already have
- Less performance impact
- Don't need hardware VM support
Disadvantages of Manual
- Harder to update
- Requires manual configuration
Some devices have specific install methods. If you have one of those devices the instructions for that device take precedence.
- unRAID Template -- An unRAID Template is available in the Community Applications.
- Synology -- Via Docker Image
- CloudKey -- You may also install directly on a CloudKey, but that's an advanced setup and not generally recommended.